Sunday 22 April 2012

Vacation Scarf Crafting

I have a thing for vacation scarves.  You know those souvenir scarves that you can find in a lot of second hand stores for a few bucks?  The only problem is that they are often difficult to wear.  The satin makes them slide off my head, and they are usually not big enough to use as a belt (or using them that way obscures the awesome campy picture)  But I have this book:


...with a pattern for making headbands.  I decided to use some of my vacation scarf stash to scare up a headband:

I call the look "contemporary bohemian" (snicker).

I used what was left of the scarf to copy a headband that I saw in Forever 21.  Not sure how I feel about this one.  Am I too old to have a giant fabric flower on the side of my head? Is anyone?  Is everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment