The mural is finished! I spent half of my summer working with Joshua Barndt to bring his vision to reality, and I am pleased and proud of the end result. The colours! The patterns! It was pretty amazing to watch it all come together.
As co ordinator, I got a crash course in "these are all the things you need to do in order to paint a mural" and I feel inspired and prepared for the project that I had envisioned as an extra-curricular at my school: to paint text-based murals throught our school and community.
I learned so much! I can't wait to apply it all.
And this is the finished product of our group repainting half of the Kensington "Vehicular Reclaimation Project" Garden car, which was donated to the PACT community garden at John Polanyi Highschool in Lawrence Heights.
I think it looks pretty cute.
Complete with a little curly-haired gardening enthusiast :)