Saturday 1 November 2014

Halloween

One of my besties has a birthday just before Halloween.  We gathered in her backyard for roasted seeds and bonfire and pumpkin carving.


I made the bat.

My original plan was to be a Cavewoman this year (I guess "Early Human", to be more politically correct), but I wore this second-hand gold dress to a friend's wedding recently and I felt pretty amazing.  I wasn't committed to the Egyptian Goddess idea until I saw a Cleopatra wig in the Salvation Army for $6. The costume pretty much made itself after that.

My collar is a Bellydance coin belt, held together with a paperclip.  I sewed some curtain trim to the wig to fashion a headband, witha broken earring part to embellish it.  Most pictures I saw of Cleopatra had braids and beads in her hair, so I braided the wig and wrapped the braids with bent bellydance coins.  A thrift store pair of earrings and belt, and here she is!

My students were all "YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?!?"

With my friends, coworkers, and fellow crafty foxes, "Leia" and "Broccoli Sarah"

Spiderman and Cinderella put some little faces on some little pumpkins.

Later on that night I visited the ROM for their Friday Night Live party, which is always fun but all the more so when involving costumes.

Cleopatra II
Re-applying my make up in the ROM bathroom before the Halloween Party

My hot date

No comments:

Post a Comment