Thursday 23 May 2013

Luchador Birthday Cake

My fella has been obsessed with wrestling lately (mainly because of his involvement in producing a live wrestling show: https://www.facebook.com/victorycwrestling) so I seized the opportunity to make a wrestling themed birthday cake.  I thought about trying to do a wrestler or the ring or something, but I decided to go with a luchador mask, since he and I had flexed our crafty muscles making them, and since I have a thing for Mexican folk art.

But first, the cake:

I made a peanut butter/cream cheese icing (OMG) and on a whim, added a banana layer.

I used the Bob's Red Mill Gluten free chocolate cake mix, which was quite good.  

Mmmmmm... icing

I have an  easy fondant recipe that I found online that makes a great, play-doh-ish texture of fondant.
I used food colouring gel from William Sonoma for bright colours.
Feliz Cumpleanos!


No comments:

Post a Comment